37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Koko is offline Member

Thumbs up Diva/Lunette Cup

I just wanted to say, for anyone umming and aaahing about getting one - DO IT!

It has taken me 2 years of shall I/shant I to actually buy one and OMFG why didn't I do it years ago?!?!

It is so great to not have to worry about "changing" when you are out and about, once in the morning and once in the afternoon and it's great. No leaking, no drying out, just wonderful.

I must admit, when I got mine out of the box I went wide-eyed and thought "Crap, I have to fit that where?!?!" But after to days of getting up the guts to use it, and a little trim of the tab at the bottom (which was causing a bit of pain for the first use!) I can now say - I my lunette.

That's all!
    CJ - 37wks, natural drug-free birth, 7lb 2007
    MJ - 37+5, induced drug-free birth, 7lb 13 2009
    AV - 40+6, natural drug-free birth, 8lb 11 2012

I have wondered about these.......might look into it abit more seriously!
    Mummy Daddy
    Harrison Nathan
    4yrs and 6mths
    born 22/3/07, 3.36kg, 51cm HC 36cm, Spina Bifida

Annabelle Grace Mary
    2yrs 2mths
    born 21/7/09, 3.11kg, 50cm HC 32cm, Soft and Hard Cleft Palate and PRS
    Angel baby gone to heaven at 10weeks 10th August 2007

samiam is offline Member

I have a Lunette and am so happy I got it.
    Sam x

DS1 born blissfully at home April 2008
    DS2 born sleeping at 19w 2d Oct 2009
    DD born ecstatically at home Oct 2010

'Having a child is a living prayer and simply amazing grace. Our power as women to form another life within our bodies is almost too vast to comprehend. In our culture we too often forget this is a sacred miracle’
    (Gurmurkh, Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful)

I bought mine just before we went backpacking overseas, and I've misplaced it somewhere Glad I don't need it at the moment. I found that because I have such a light flow, I usually use pads, but I found my 'moon' cup was definitely more efficient than tampons.
    *~*~*~*~*

Me 35
    DH 45
    DD 28 November 08

DS 8 September 10

Jaybe is offline Member

I bought a Lunette cup last year and was anxiously waiting for AF to turn up so I could try it out... only to then find out I was pregnant lol so I probably wont get to give it a go until 18mth-2yrs after I bought it haha! It certainly seems preferable over tampons, I've loved cloth pads so far too.
    ME, DH + 4 = our family
    Our final babe joined us at home June 2010

~There is a secret in our culture - its not that birth is not painful, its that women are strong - Laura Stavoe Harm~

*Please do not post my threads on FB, thank you!*

Kylie78 is offline Member

OK.... so please furnish me with some info..... its a (I presume rather largish) cup the you stick up around where the tampon would go? And you 'empty' it morning and afternoon... just tip it in the loo I presume? And do you then 'clean' it before putting it back? Does it make a mess when you take it out? What happens if it gets full? Do you 'back up' or does it then leak out?
    Sorry, these are gross questions, but this is what I am wondering.
    I have read there is a 'knack' to putting them in, so I guess if it is not in properly it leaks... and or is uncomfortable?
    I have just ordered some cloth pads so am open to trying this but I must say I am yet to be convinced...... please sell me on it some more!

Koko is offline Member

WTH - DO IT!!! You so wont regret it, promise

Kylie I'm always one to hand out gross information, so here goes It doesn't sit quite as far in as a tampon - you can grip it to get it out, rather than having to pull on a string IYKWIM. If it's not in right, it is uncomfrtable, if I can feel mine, I just push it up a little further. It is quite large looking, but you fold it into a smaller circle to get it in and it's really quite easy (despite me being really shocked when I was first playing with it!!!) Same to get it out, little push to bring it down into your fingers, squish it and slide it out. I just sit on the loo and tip it straight in, then rinse it under the hot tap, goat soap lather up my hands and give it a clean, hot rinse, then good to go again. Mine has never leaked so no, I don't use back up. In fact (grossness alert) I have never even 1/4 filled mine in the 12hrs that I've worn it, so t doesn't "spill" when folding it to get it out - I was worried about that too.

For the first wear, the tab on the bottom was digging into my insides and was really uncomfy and must've left some grazing, cos I felt like I'd given birth for a few days after! But I trimmed the tab right back and now I'm good! In hindsigh, I prolly could have bought a size 1 instead of 2.

Hope that helps!
    CJ - 37wks, natural drug-free birth, 7lb 2007
    MJ - 37+5, induced drug-free birth, 7lb 13 2009
    AV - 40+6, natural drug-free birth, 8lb 11 2012

tuple is offline Member

I have a question too! When I looked into these awhile back, I couldn't find any places that sold these in Australia? Maybe it was just for Diva cups.

Where did you buy yours from?

Thanks
    Me 29
    DH 31
    DS 04/07
    DS#2 04/09

MissD is offline Member

Ebay has the Lunette tuple

EmilyKate is offline Member

Yep, they're great, I have a diva, never leaks - they do recommend you wear a pantyliner while you get used to it but I never had any dramas. I started when I was hiking overseas, no access to regular toilets (just in morning and night). So comfortable, don't dry you out like tampons, they do have a knack for getting them in and out to start with but you end up feeling when it is sitting right. There are videos on you-tube that show you how to insert them into a wine glass (!) if you want to have a look. I got mine from canada cos I couldn't find them here but I also wanted to try lunapads (which are great for liners and overnight but I don't find the smaller size regular pads as comfy).

I wouldn't go back to using anything else, ever again!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast