•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mumma Bear is offline Member

I know a few girls on here who use the maxi with the isofix here in OZ they do I believe have a letter from their insurance company stating that they will be covered in an accident even when using a non aussie approved car seat.....im sure they will post shortly to help you out.

I got a maxi cabrio just recently for my Zapp stroller the blossom topline model and it is devine to look at thats for sure, but we dont use it in the car just dont want to risk it
    we use the safe n sound polo capsule as this is the safest on the aussie market.
    You can hire them for around $80 for 6mths

paddlepop7 is offline New Member

thats reassuring then i will get onto the insurance people when we arrive. I will also have a look around when we get there for car seats too just in case.
    thanks for the info!

anna&oli is offline Member

BUMP BUMP

Just wondering

Mumma Bear I know a few girls on here who use the maxi with the isofix here in OZ they do I believe have a letter from their insurance company stating that they will be covered in an accident even when using a non aussie approved car seat.....im sure they will post shortly to help you out.

I got a maxi cabrio just recently for my Zapp stroller the blossom topline model and it is devine to look at thats for sure, but we dont use it in the car just dont want to risk it
    we use the safe n sound polo capsule as this is the safest on the aussie market.
    You can hire them for around $80 for 6mths

Does any one have any more infor on this- id love to know some more

Anna
    Anna 24
    Oliver 16th January 2006
    Frederik 26th October 2007

nernan is offline Member

I have the Maxi Cosi car seat, i do use it, yes i know it's not approved, but it is SO secure and doesn't move at all. With the Safensound seat we had we could never get it secure.
    DH bought it not realising it wasn't approved.
    The side impact wings are very very strong and deep.
    Cant wait to see what does get approved, i'll be getting out the CC again.
    Pics

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

rhondasmith is offline New Member

Angry Wanted~maxi Cosi Cobrio Capsule~

Hi Everyone, I am looking to buy a Maxi Cosi Cabrio Capsule and of coarse i cant find one anywhere, If anyone knows where to buy one please email me at rjsmith@iinet.net.au, Thank you, Rhonda

rhondasmith is offline New Member

Default Maxi Cosi Capsule

Quote Originally Posted by nernan View Post
    I have the Maxi Cosi car seat, i do use it, yes i know it's not approved, but it is SO secure and doesn't move at all. With the Safensound seat we had we could never get it secure.
    DH bought it not realising it wasn't approved.
    The side impact wings are very very strong and deep.
    Cant wait to see what does get approved, i'll be getting out the CC again.
    Hello, Where can i buy a Maxi Cosi Cabrio Capsule, Email me at rjsmith@iinet.net.au, Thank you Rhonda

Mumma Bear is offline Member

You can only buy them Overseas
    I got mine from www.babytrader.nl
    I only use mine on my zapp stroller OR as a rocker for bub
    I use the polo capsule for the car

I do agree the maxi seems very safe and i have used it in the car once BUT I cant bring myself to use it regularly.

You can get them on ebay too
    Im going to sell mine soon as bubs is getting older now, they re sell well on ebay

nernan is offline Member

I got my seat from a local baby 2nd hand shop, when i informed them that they are not Aus Standards they said they won't get anymore, but i will ask for you where they were getting them from, they are 2nd hand.
    Pics

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

Question In the USA. Coming home next year.

Hi,
    I'm another one with the frustrating dilemma about carseats. I'm living in the US at the moment and I'm due March 08. Likely to have the baby here. I'm busily doing research on the myriad of prams/strollers out there and I'm very impressed with the European models and the Aussie Valco models. I am still trying to find out the following info:

- With the tough laws in Australia with carseats/capsules, are Aussie Mums still able to and do they remove the capsule from the car and use it in a snap-in style system with their prams? Or is the capsule system too complicated to get in and out? If this is not the "done thing" at home (it's very popular in America, but their safety standards are EXTREMELY lax in some states!) I won't stress myself about trying to geta stroller that will be compatible with a car seat.

- Can someone clarify for me and/or point me in the right direction of the relevant authorities to ask whether I need to buy a capsule and carseat in Australia? I have heard that it must have the Australian Standards Board sticker on it. I am trying to find out if I can buy an identical seat and capsule here (likely for a fraction of the price) so I can use it in the USA and then take it with me on the plane for my arrival in Australia.

Any information on this topic is greatly appreciated. It's tricky trying to figure all of this out from the other side of the world!!

Thanks guys.

Histoire is offline Member

Hi keenasmustard...I am one of those Illegal gals who uses a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with ISOFIX base in my car. I was in an accident last week and I am THANKFUL I had the Cabriofix with ISOFIX base for DS2 (in DH's car we have an Aust Stds seat as his car doesn't have isofix). The ISOFIX base did not move. DS2's capsule did not impact with anything else in the car. If he was in the 0-18kg seat which we have in DH's car I am sure the impact (side rear passenger door and over wheel at approx 70km/ph which put us into a spin) would have had DS2's seat in DH's car hitting the door.

Only carseats which carry the Aust Stds sticker are approved for use in Australia. Funnily enough you can only buy them here. If you use a seat bought overseas you leave yourself open to a fine (here in Vic it is $165) and a demerit point (you have 12 before you loose your license).

I contacted my 3rd party insurance provider and they said they did not take the seat used in an accident into consideration when assessing medical/rehab claims before I bought my seat.

For normal insurance and covering the cost of replacing the seats due to the accident I will get back to you. DH and I have looked over the seats (which are both less than 6m) and can see signs of stress on the plastic (ie. light coloured spots randomly).

Before buying my EU maxi cosi (there is a diff to the US ones - check out daddy types http://daddytypes.com/2007/07/27/you...sink_in_us.php) I did extensive research on Aust and other International Stds, testing protocols etc. After all my research I made my decision and am happy with it.

I do think it is funny that in NZ they recognise the Aust/NZ std for use AND the EU std. NZ co-author the Aust/NZ std for car seats. Australia basically is the only country to manufacture Aust Std seats (especially in the 0-18kg range).

Do your own research and make sure you are happy with the safety of the seat you are getting.

The EU Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with ISOFIX base was recently awarded a 5 star safety rating in the annual independent comparison tests.... the first ever 5 start safety rating given to an EU seat.

As for Travel Systems & Capsules in Australia there are only 3 capsules you can buy on the Aussie market - the Original Safe N Sound (Britax) capsule, the SnS Unity Capsule and matching Steelcraft stroller/jogger and the Babylove Primo Capsule and Babylove jogger.

If you decide to go with an aussie seat, but don't like the capsules, most here go for a seat which is 0-18kg.

If you want any more info, please feel free to ask or PM me.
    Last edited by LouBelly; 07-11-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast