35 - 36 week

•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

bindw is offline New Member

Exclamation Has anyone dilated 3 to strethchy 4 cm and not gone into active labor ?

hi all
    i am currently 27 weeks pregnant with no.2. My first was born at 33 weeks due to PPROM and was a healthy little 4.5lb baby boy. i have just gotten back from my dr and was checked due to increased mucus (some blood tinged bright red) and quite alot of BH quite uncomfortable, however not really regular at all(possibly 3-4 about 10 min apart then nothing at a time). He said i was a 3 to stretchy 4 cm and could feel the baby's head right there and engaged. All i was told was to go home, relax and mod bed rest while keeping fluids up !
    Any way rambling aside, has anyone else been in this situation at all ? and if so and i am put on bed rest, can you maintain your pregnancy to say 37 weeks (which is still 10 weeks away) to be in the clear ?
    thanks you xx

BrookeSyd is offline Member

I was not so early in my pregnancy, but I had an internal at 40 weeks and was the same as you (3cm - stretch to 4cm). Bub fully engaged and "ready to go" apparently.

No labour at all that week, and had another internal at 41 weeks - still exactly the same. Zero change.

Went in to be induced at 41+3 and upon arrival had an internal to break my waters and was STILL 3cm - could be stretched to 4cm.

I had been having contractions for hours every single night for 3 weeks, but still no further progress once the initial few cms were dilated.

Obviously I was full term, so the scenario is a bit different, but just thought I'd mention I had no signs of anything further happening once reaching the same point you are at now.

Good luck! I hope you can keep baking a little longer.
    Me DH
    "Mr Chatterbox!" May 2007
    "Miss If My Big Bro Can Do It, I Can Do It Too!" June 2009

So in love with my family!

Paradise- not THAT paradise, the other one

absolutely you can last the distance.

I was 3cm for most of my last two pregnancies. Ive also known and seen with my own eyes women who have PPROM at 20 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks and one at 39 weeks.

Good luck with it- keep cooking baby
    Me 36
    Him 46

The Codster 16
    Roley Poley Joely 14
    Josh the Boss 6
    Andy Pandy almost 4!

Baby number 5 due 18th September 2012

bindw is offline New Member

thanks ladies ... hoping to keep him cooking as long as poss ! im guessing that its a good sign that my labor is not 'active' and no PROM so hopefully this will just make my labor a little easier when the time comes with some of the work already being done lol ! xx

Karenlea is offline Member

when i was 39 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy i was 6cms dialated. still not in labour. so dont stress

lets just say that when i DID go into labour it was SOOOOOOOOO fast. I had to be induced in the end and once I was up to the correct dosage I had only a 10 contraction labour

i hope he stays in there nice and safe for a bit longer for u
    Karen (29)
    DD Brianna - 14/1/05
    DS Liam - 19/10/06
    #3 due in June 2010

Ranibelle is offline Member

I have spent quite a bit of time in hospital this pregnancy and my ob was happy to send me home if I was less than 5cm dialated. However I didn't have a bloody show/mucous and contractions were not regular....all over the place.
    I would be closely monitoring yourself and straight to hospital if they become regular contradtions or any leaking.
    DS - born at 32 weeks 2006
    DD born at 25 weeks 2008

Prem number 3 expected somtime between september and November

OMG 38 weeks pregnant! A full term baby on board! Booked for arrival monday 26th October:

Lisa is offline Member

At 27 weeks pregnant I wuld be layng on my back and notm oving an inch for as many weeks as I could keep bubs in, esp given your risk or PROM. Hugs to you.

Im acutally surprised they let you go home under 30 weeks so far dilated.

IS A PROUD SINGLE MUMMY!

L~B~G~W

Karenlea is offline Member

oh i didnt see u were so early in the pregnancy! i agree with Lisa. Take it very very easy!!!
    Karen (29)
    DD Brianna - 14/1/05
    DS Liam - 19/10/06
    #3 due in June 2010