•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

~Erin~ is offline Member

Default Aching ovaries???

I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and for the past week i have had a dull ache on both sides where my ovaries would be. I sort of feels like ovulation pain. Is this normal?? I don't remember having it with my other pregnancies. I took clomid for this pregnancy, i don't know if that makes any difference though. Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this??

Erin
    Mummy Daddy
    DS1: Kobe 6
    DS2: Baylee 3
    DS3: Noah 2
    DS4: Asher Sep 09

SalSam is offline Member

Just a guess:

After you ovulate and the egg is fertilized your ovaries form what is called the corpus luteum which is responsible for producing enough hormones (HCG, progesterone) to maintain an early pregnancy before your placenta takes over this production.

Possible it is related to this as currently your ovaries are still busy and will be till about 10-12 weeks.

Sxx

shella is offline Member

yeah i had lots of twinges, little cramping, and weird pulls, pains and aches. Nothing that I was worried about...just weird and freaky coz I knew it was all exciting stuff HAPPENING.
    It just kept reminding me that the little bees were busy building something.
    Please do not reproduce any of my posts, without prior knowledge and consent.

~Erin~ is offline Member

so do the ovaries from both sides do this or just the one that i ovulated from?
    Mummy Daddy
    DS1: Kobe 6
    DS2: Baylee 3
    DS3: Noah 2
    DS4: Asher Sep 09

Lee725 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Erin~ View Post
    so do the ovaries from both sides do this or just the one that i ovulated from?
    Unless you are suffering from PCOS or a related condition, i would think it is highly unlikely that it is your ovaries aching.

I am about a week ahead of you and i have had the same thing from the start (and still till today), wouold have swore AF was coming & i was not preg because of those 'familiar' cramps.

From what the GP tells me, aching, mild cramping (unless accompanied by bleeding), and pain/cramps associated with bowel movements (think upset tummy cramps) are very normal.

I hope it starts to settle for you soon.

EHardy is offline New Member

Wink

Hey,

I have experience similar issues, but my pain would be around my ovaries, down low, up high and on each side. I usually had a bit of pain before be Preggers, but this was different and i wasn't sure if it was normal. I asked some pregnant friends, some said nothing to worry about, another said that anything lower than the uteris is a problem. I was told to call our Obst and ask what he thought, as he is great.

I was just over 7 weeks, called the Obst and he thought it needed be checked out went for an ultrasound the next day, and everything was fine. I don't know what is/was causing it, but it was good to know that the baby was where it should be and was going well.

I'm 9 weeks now and still some pain, but doesn't bother me as much now I know everything is ok. So if you can get in for an ultrasound if it is worry you, do it.

All the best.