•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chani is offline Member

Question Spotting/Cramping - 4 weeks pregnant

I am after a bit of advice

As a bit of background, I am 14DPO today, I got a BFP on 12DPO after ovulating on CD59. I thought waiting to test at 12DPO was sensible but now i'm doubting that!

Anyway, so this morning I woke feeling a bit crampy so went to the toilet & there was a tiny bit of brown CM so I freaked & did another test, it's only a bit darker than yesterday's one. Anyway I decided to check my CM myself (TMI) and it was a dark red stretchy CM, again only a little bit but enough to make me worried, it looked quite dark but not bright. Anyway I've been monitoring it & there was one more small bit of brown & now it's stopped & is clear again....Also, my cervix feels quite odd, almost flattish instead of round, don't know what that's about either?

I got another pack of FR (I'm shocking I know) & just did another test after being to the toilet about 6 times and have another positive which is a bit darker than the first one I did this morning?? Here is a link to the 5 tests I've done in the order they've been done: Click Here. Is it weird that I get darker BFP's when NOT using FMU?

The cramping I was feeling is still there but less noticable, more like i've been feeling for the past few days but I have a bit of lower back pain like when I have AF too, it's not painful just noticable at times...

I was concerned when I got my BFP at 12DPO about conceiving from a CD59 ovulation but had just decided to think positive but now this has me concerned.

I am thinking it's good that my CM is now clear and I never had any blood/brown discharge other than when I wiped a couple of times or checked CM myself. I have put a pad on just to monitor if I do bleed as well.

I'm booked into my Dr on Wednesday and will get blood tests done but would really like to know of anyone who has experienced anything similiar, good or bad, i want to know and be prepared.

Thank you
    Me - 27 DP - 29
    ♥ DS - 4 ♥
    ♥ #2 - Our Princess due Mid-December ♥
    ~ Angel - Jan 11 ~

Miss_C is offline Member

Chani do you know how long your LP normally is. When was/is AF due?

Spotting even bleeding during pregnancy can be quite normal, I had a freind that had to wear a pad her entire pregnancy.

Cramping is also very very normal, rather than uterus contracting it is expanding which feels the same.

On the flip side as you want good and bad experiences I had a chemical a couple of cycles back and I got the same symptoms as you. I was due AF on 13dpo as this was my usual LP but she didn't rock up until 16dpo I think, you can see it all in my charts I got my lsp on 12 and again 13 dpo, didn't test again for a couple of days until my temp plumetted and I just knew and it was a -ive and af rocked up next day.

So as you can see it can go either way and pregnancy symptoms and AF symptoms are pretty much the bloody same!!

Hang in there honey, I am keeping everything crossed for you.
    Me - 43 DP - 36
    DS - Jake - Born 29/10/08
    1 Furbaby - Max - 11 year old Jack Russell

Off pill since Dec 09 -actively ttc since June 2010
    BFP - 09/12/10 - m/c 12w1d 06/02/2011 - Fly Free little Ziggy - we love you
    BFP 06/09/11 - Miscarriage 4w6d - I am so sorry I can't hold onto you little ziggy
    BFP 08/11/11 - Come on Ziggy PLEASE stay with us this time we love you so very much

Chani is offline Member

Thanks Miss_C - I'm just hating the world right now. I hate not knowing and not being in control of things.

The chemical pregnancy is probably what is most crossing my mind at the moment.... I have a 12 day LP so AF would've been due yesterday I think?

I hope everything is okay but I doubt i'll know anything until end of next week, it just makes it hard waiting
    Me - 27 DP - 29
    ♥ DS - 4 ♥
    ~ Angel - Jan 11 ~

Miss_C is offline Member

big hugs honey you know I know what it's like so can sympathise massively, just be kind to yourself and for the moment believe you are pregnant, happy thoughts lead to happy hormones I reckon so chin up darllin'.

I had quite a bit of cramping and lower back pain and wanny pain early in the piece this time and I was convinced another chemical was happening but thankfully it was just ziggy digging his or her way in further.

Rest as much as you can, maybe snuggle up on the couch and watch some movies and eat ice cream.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers
    Me - 43 DP - 36
    DS - Jake - Born 29/10/08
    1 Furbaby - Max - 11 year old Jack Russell

Off pill since Dec 09 -actively ttc since June 2010
    BFP - 09/12/10 - m/c 12w1d 06/02/2011 - Fly Free little Ziggy - we love you
    BFP 06/09/11 - Miscarriage 4w6d - I am so sorry I can't hold onto you little ziggy
    BFP 08/11/11 - Come on Ziggy PLEASE stay with us this time we love you so very much

TikTok is offline Member

Honestly, any spotting is not too bad. I was in this exact situation. It was more like brownish stained Cm. I had cramps too!

Remember, spotting is NORMAL in pregnancy. Until you have red blood, then go and see someone about it but in the meantime just try and relax as its prob just implantation spotting.

Good luck hun!
    Mel
    Mum to:

Hayden & Nickolas -5 - Max -3 - Isabelle -1-
    Number 5 due 6th December

Chani is offline Member

Thanks Miss_C & TikTok

I just have clear CM now, almost EWCM looking. The dark bloody stringy bit is what's bothering me, the brown bits weren't really concerning. But saying that, I did have to check my CM myself to get the red stuff so???

Thanks TikTok - it's reassuring to hear that. I think I'm just going to remain positive unless told otherwise but at the same time be cautious. Can you get an implantation bleed after a BFP though?

No one else except DP and I (and obviously Birth members!) know & I'm not planning on telling immediate family until I see a heartbeat & get good results & anyone else until after the 12 week scan & blood results come through. I've had too many people IRL tell the world only to lose their precious babies
    Me - 27 DP - 29
    ♥ DS - 4 ♥
    ~ Angel - Jan 11 ~

DeacsMum is offline Member

Just thought I would share some positive experience with you. When I fell with our first DS I got a + HPT at 10 days DPO and then didn't get any spotting until about 1 or 2 weeks later. So was well and truly after my missed period. Was very light red. My Dr said it was implant bleed. I also had HEAPS of cramping and aches. This time around, another precious boy, didn't get any implantation bleed but still got the cramping. So to answer your question you can most certainly get implantation bleed after a + HPT.

Sending you positive and sticky vibes. Best of luck for your Dr app on Wednesday.
    Me (27) (Previously TrishWare)
    DH (29)
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/qPYI1pp.jpghttp://lb2f.lilypie.com/qPYIp10.png] Master Deacon Robert - 10/09/09
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/XRd1zDd.jpghttp://lb1f.lilypie.com/XRd1p10.png] Master Logan Gary - 26/02/11
    Angel baby - 13/6/08 16 weeks -
    mummy and daddy love you very much precious angel

**** Please do not reproduce for facebook****

Chani is offline Member

Thank you Deacsmum - it is reassuring to hear of people in similar situations with positive outcomes!

My spotting was very sparse & is non-existent, I had a tiny bit after a bowel movement last night and that was it other than the morning spotting. I got another BFP which came up immediately this morning and I feel quite sick this morning like I'm going to be sick, it's sitting in my throat so I am being positive & just enjoying it unless I get told otherwise!

I think i'm going to ring my Dr tomorrow & try get a referral for a blood test so I can have results on Wednesday.
    Me - 27 DP - 29
    ♥ DS - 4 ♥
    ~ Angel - Jan 11 ~

skyblu is offline Member

ok, it's the bright red blood that you need to worry about, so like if you cut yourself.

i had brown spotting on and off for the first 4 or so weeks of my PG, and everything is fine here.

you'll hear loads of people who have had spotting and have had perfectly normal babies (my mum never knew she was pregnant because she got hormonal bleeding at the times AF was due, so always assumed she wasnt!!)
    ME 29
    DH 38

IVF#1 - DS - 22/12/08

Chani is offline Member

Thanks skyblu. There was some red bit it was like a tiny drop in clear cervical fluid?
    Me - 27 DP - 29
    ♥ DS - 4 ♥
    ~ Angel - Jan 11 ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast