•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    manna is offline Member

Default Heavy Bleeding in early pregnancy

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and i'm hoping that some of you could give me some advice.......

My DH and i started last month on TTC baby #3. I had a +OPK on the 25/2. However 9DPO I started to bleed quite heavily. The bleeding increased and it was a lot heavier than AF. At the time i just assumed that it was my normal AF. After 8 days of bleeding i decided to do another OPK thinking it was a new cycle but it came up + so thinking that that wasn't right i decided to do a HPT.........and it came back positive!!!! I went to the doctor and after much argument got a couple of BHCG BTs done. i just assumed i miscarried. The 1st HCG reading was 152. The second one six days later 2180.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Or can someone give me some advice as to what is happening?

Thanks

joji is offline Member

I would ask for a scan - once your hcg levels are over 1000 they can normally see something in the uterus (a sac) and may be able to identify what is causing the bleeding.

For a viable pregnancy they normally look for bhcg levels to double every 2-3 days. What did your doctor say about the levels? Are you still bleeding?

Good luck
    Me & DP
    We are so very blessed to have
    ... our beautiful IVF miracle DD
    ... and our gorgeous IVF miracle DS

...and we remember always the angel babies we held in our hearts but not our arms

Jaybe is offline Member

Youre pregnant is whats happening lol!! HCG doesnt rise (especially not that rapidly) without pregnancy. There are alot of women on here who have been pregnant and still had heavy bleeding with all fine - or it could be a miscarried twin pregnancy. I would definitely get more HCG tests done along the way from your GP to ensure it is still continuing to rise and doubling. Also maybe a scan to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Good luck and a tentative congratulations!
    ME, DH + 4 = our family
    Our final babe joined us at home June 2010

~There is a secret in our culture - its not that birth is not painful, its that women are strong - Laura Stavoe Harm~

*Please do not post my threads on FB, thank you!*

My mum bleed for a while when pregs with me. So by the sounds of what youve said it sounds like your def pregs.
    H-Sept 05
    J-June 07
    L-Sept 10
    *Please do not reproduce for FB*

Eliza is offline Member

My friend had bleeding early on in her pregnancy, not as heavy as you though. It turned out that the embryo hit a blood vessel when it buried into the uterine wall - can't recall the technical/medical term for it. There is no damage to her or the baby and she is now 18 weeks pregnant and all is well. I hope that your case is something similar and you will have a very sticky and happy pregnancy.

Good luck and vigorous belly rubs!
    ME -I'M 33
    Student Naturopath but also a "Western Medicine" fan!
    DH - 36
    Ethan Jake arrived19:22, 26 July....2 weeks and a day early

Caz04 is offline Member

I'd definately be asking for a scan to check things out, rule out things like ectopics etc....
    I would have thought your dr should have sent you for one as soon as it was confirmed you were pregnant (from BT) given its heavy bleeding....i think thats a bit strange that they haven't.

Good luck, i hope everything is fine
    Angel May (Ectopic @ 5 weeks '09)
    Angel Baby (M/C @ 5weeks '10)

After 14 long months "Squiggle" due 30th May 2011 (BFP 21/9/10) - We love you already and cant wait to meet you!
    Squiggle's ticker
    Shhhhhhh on facebook!

1 Fur Baby
    Me DH

manna is offline Member

Thanks for all your replies and well wishes.......

I had another bout of heavy bright red bleeding with cramping and clots today so i went to my local ER to get some answers. The doctor thought i had a M/C...until she sent me for an U/S that found a very undeterred baby with a little heart beat!!!!

I have been to several doctors in the area with this pregnancy already and no one wants to order any tests. I had to beg them for BTs and an U/S (which i will have in a week). One doctor even asked me 'what difference would it make if i found out if i miscarried now or in a month'!!!!!!!!!!

Caz04 is offline Member

WTF????? I cannot believe a doctor would say that, it is an absolute disgrace! It sounds like the doctors you have seen have been terrible....i hope you can find a good one

I am very glad you have had an u/s and you have a nice little bubba in there with a beautiful HB.....great to hear. GL, i hope the bleeding stops and you have a very uneventful 9 months.
    Angel May (Ectopic @ 5 weeks '09)
    Angel Baby (M/C @ 5weeks '10)

After 14 long months "Squiggle" due 30th May 2011 (BFP 21/9/10) - We love you already and cant wait to meet you!
    Squiggle's ticker
    Shhhhhhh on facebook!

1 Fur Baby
    Me DH

smithlanger1 is offline New Member

sounds good to me
    smith

DeacsMum is offline Member

Glad to hear there was a strong HB for you. I agree with people above, keep demanding those bt's and us's if the bleeding continues. I had a gf who experienced heaps of bleeding and cramping through her pregnancy and kept thinking she had mc'd but she now has a bubba about to turn 1 next month so from what I have seen it can be quite normal. Keep us posted.
    Me (27) (Previously TrishWare)
    DH (29)
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/qPYI1pp.jpghttp://lb2f.lilypie.com/qPYIp10.png] Master Deacon Robert - 10/09/09
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/XRd1zDd.jpghttp://lb1f.lilypie.com/XRd1p10.png] Master Logan Gary - 26/02/11
    Angel baby - 13/6/08 16 weeks -
    mummy and daddy love you very much precious angel

**** Please do not reproduce for facebook****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast