•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

RoXsteR is offline Member

Default Anyone work at coles??

just wondering for those who work at coles....did you get your job through the online service??

i just created a profile and im a bit skeptical if this will find me work!! im hoping so as im so desperate to get a job!!!

and also is it a good environment to work in?? i preferably would love to work in the deli...but happy to be a check out chick too.

also...ive put down that i want to do it part time...how much is part time pay??

thanks
    ~Single mums know how to have the most fun~
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

Little Pinker Harmony Michaela Born 5th Nov 2011

My Dad 27|06|2009

jennyd is offline Member

Sorry ,hon ,I don't know .LOL...but I was just wondering if you would get a discount ?
    I hope you get the job
    Me 35 DH 41
    DD1-born screaming Oct. 24,2003
    DD2- born sleeping Sept.5,2006 @ 36.2 weeks
    DD3-born screaming April 25,2008
    2 dogs ,3 cats ,3 fish and 7 snails

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1174541355

Kushiel is offline Member

Part time pay is about $19 an hour.
    Online apps are the ONLY way to apply now, so its your only shot. You could go in and have a chat to the store manager (they don't bite after all ) and tell them you've applied (take in your applicant number if you can) and just let them know how much you want/ need the job. And give them your applicant number so they can find you faster if they think you'll be a good team member.
    As for the environment. It varies from store to store. But every store I've worked at its been just like any other work place. You get nice ones, and you get *****y ones
    My pregnancies...

Admit it.. .. You like the bunny!!!

Kushiel is offline Member

Yes Jenny, you get a discount card once you've been there 4 months. For 5% off any purchases (helps me heaps with the weekly shopping!). If you're casual you get one card, if you're part time you can apply to get two (but its only for members of the household to use, and I'm guessing mieka doesn't go shopping much )
    Your card will also work at target, kmart, liquorland etc.
    My pregnancies...

Admit it.. .. You like the bunny!!!

hahah yess i have ummm recieved a card before even though im not a family member...helped alot.

ohhh im kinda glad its the only way to apply it means im in more of a chance....shame you can only select 10 places at one time. and your registration expires within 6 weeks. fingers crossed hey!!!

i just really want something...anything....

i guess i shoudl upload my resume too. havent gotten to that part yet.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

Martina is offline Birth Admin

I never got anywhere applying for work with Coles from their website.

Woolies I'd had much better success with (they also list their vacancies online). They also send you an email if you haven't been successful when you've applied for a position. Coles tells you diddly squat.

I can give a "supermarket" point of view (since I work at Woolies and not Coles!). I enjoy the environment but there definately can be bad days. All I can suggest is be happy and cheery with the customers and make them think that nothing is too much trouble. But make sure you have a thick skin because some customers - no matter what you do - will treat you like something they've accidentally stepped in and some can be terribly abusive - but thankfully, that's not too often.

I've never worked in the deli (couldn't do it myself, the smell makes me sick) but have worked at the front end for a number of years now (first at BigW and now at Woolies). I'd take the checkouts any day .

Pay-wise - I'd expect Coles to be similar to Woolies. Casual rate you'd be earning a little over $20ph - say around $21-$23ph. If you went on a contract and worked as a permanent part-time (guaranteed hours, sick leave, annual leave etc) then it will drop down to the $17-$18ph mark.

Personally I find part-time better as I know that I'll definately get $xxxx every week and if I need to take time off I can do so without loss of pay. Casual can be hard - especially if it's quiet and you don't get any shifts. What tricks a lot of people is they start hiring now for the Christmas rush so you get heaps of shifts and makes heaps of money, but unless you're really good at what you do, you probably won't get many shifts after school goes back in the new year - so if you can get on a contract GO FOR IT!!!.

Good luck hun and I hope that helps a little .
    Marti-36 - Birth Administrator
    Gav-36
    Tristan - 11
    Ellie - 6 Ronan - 4 Krissie - 3

LIKE us on Facebook FOLLOW US on Pinterest FOLLOW US on Twitter

I think this remote is broken. I've pushed paused, power, sleep, mute, volume, nothing works! I don't understand! I'm pointing it right at the children!

lol oha nd ive worked at a very back stabbing biatchy hairdressing salon before...so i can handle those nasties!!! doesnt bother me in the slightest.

please oh please let a job be availiable.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

thanks martina...very helpful. i tried to join the woolies site for the same hting as coles...and it wouldnt let me, saying i have an exisitng email addy which i can assure you, ive never used on there before so hmmm ill try again.

yeh i would love permanent part-time...thats what i truly want. casual i understand gets more but not guarenteed and i really want a guarenteed position where i get shifts...as ill need the extra cash when i move out (next 2-3 weeks)

and also i want something set as meika will be in childcare and i cant continously be changing her days around to suit my work. how draining. and i dont think you can really do that anyway.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

I got my job with coles from their website.

I applied and then totally forgot about it. About 3-4mths later I got an email for an interview. I am now on maternity leave, but so far they have been great!
    Mummy Daddy
    Harrison Nathan
    4yrs and 6mths
    born 22/3/07, 3.36kg, 51cm HC 36cm, Spina Bifida

Annabelle Grace Mary
    2yrs 2mths
    born 21/7/09, 3.11kg, 50cm HC 32cm, Soft and Hard Cleft Palate and PRS
    Angel baby gone to heaven at 10weeks 10th August 2007