•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoXsteR is offline Member

Default How do you find out if you have good or bad rental history??

heya

in 2007 i lived with a bloke who later turned nutso (he was just a flat mate NOT a partner)

anyway i had to break the lease. and they took some of my bond to clean the place (i got the carpets done and cleaned still)

anyway im not sure if that mess has given me a bad rental history or not.

how do i find out??

the real estate were extremley nasty...i had to get my dad to call up and explain the situation for them to listen.

anyway at one stage only my side of the rent was being paid and i had to go in and sort it out because my house mate was not paying rent. will that give ME a bad rental history?? despite showing them recipts that showed i was paying my half.

im really paranoid. i need to get out of my current living situation and will be applying for a bond loan BUT i wanna know how to find out if my rental history is crap.

any real estate people on here that could search my name or something lol?? i went through ray white last time,.

thanks!!!
    ~Single mums know how to have the most fun~
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

Little Pinker Harmony Michaela Born 5th Nov 2011

My Dad 27|06|2009

cheekypuss is offline Member

You can only go on TICA if you owe more money than what you had paid in bond money.

If he didn't pay his rent, but it was your name on the lease, then the real estate would have had the option of putting you on TICA. It stays there for 7 years, but you can ask and contest that you be removed off of it.

And I think the only way you can find out is if you area real estate agent, which is dodgy in my opinion. Do you have any friends who are agents? They aren't supposed to do it but it would be very handy to know I think.

The only other way around it is to explain to potential agents what happened back then, and that you are unsure if you are listed or not.
    I like to judge people who judge people.
    Someone should pay me for this job.

we were both on the lease. that was at the start of our rental where he didnt pay several weeks and we got threatened with an eviction notice.

god i feel stupid living with him now. i dont want it to affect me coz i did everything right.

whtats TICA is it a site to check if you have bad rental history or not??
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

MyTribe is offline Member

there is a website for TICA but i dont know it off hand, you can google it. You need to ring up to find out if you are listed or not but as a previous poster said, you can only be listed if you owe more money than your bond. Also before being listed on TICA the real estate have to give you a letter giving you time to fix any problems and if after that time nothing has been done on your part then you can be listed.

I know from current rental applications that you are asked if you have ever received a bond back in full or not and if not why. Im pretty sure that if you explain the circumstances though to the realty that your applying to that they will take this into consideration.

Oh also to add that its not cheap to ring TICA either so dont ring from a mobile.
    Have you leased through anyone else since then or before?
    Me & Dh
    Mr 9 Nov 04, Miss 7 May 06, Miss 5 May 08, Mr 4 Aug 09, Miss M 7 months Apr 13
    # 6 due July 14

For those on my facebook, please keep it quiet. Thanks

hmm i only got half my bond back...yet i gave them recipts for the carpet cleaning. so i guess they needed it to mow the lawn and clean the house, despite me cleaning the house already.

so not getting all my bond back will play a part??

ill be moving out with a friend.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

cheekypuss is offline Member

You should be fine if you got some bond back. It's when they trake your bond then send you a bill for more basically.
    Although I would check into it anyway because some real estates have been known to put tenants in there just for not liking them, even if they didn't owe any money.... If the real estate has put you on there, you can ring them and TELL them to take you off. If they don't, you can take them to court over it.
    I like to judge people who judge people.
    Someone should pay me for this job.

oh and i dont owe any money and i didnt get any notice except to say they are taking it out of my bond.

although i think i got one saying to pay a certain amount and if i dont they willt ake it out my bond. so i didnt and they took it out my bond.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

hmm im not sure if they liked me or not. i know they didnt believe my story of the abuse i was revieving from my hosue mate...so my dad had to call and explain it. but thats about it. i co-operated the rest of the time.
    My Pink Ballerina - 4

My Dad 27|06|2009

Kaz&Co is offline Member

We used a website called NTD (national tenancy database). Agents pay a fee (7ish bucks) to check a tenants history. We could leave comments positive or negative if we felt the need. And I have for the ones that were shocking liers or owed us heaps of money or trashed the place. There weren't set requirements that had to happen before you could comment. You then had the option of sending a letter to the tenant to let them know what you'd done.

I think it's an agent's only site but I guess you could call them and ask them???

ntd : home
    Karen
    Cooper Ethan - 4th October 2007
    Cooper's Birth Story

Gabrielle Emmerson - 17th August 2009
    Gabrielle's Birth Story

1 in 9 women in Australia are diagnosed with Breast Cancer...
    Be alert to what's normal for you & check your breasts regularly!!!!

zzagkema is offline Member

When I was renting, I thought I had a spotless rent history. Then when I applied for a place the landlord came back to me and asked me 1000 questions being late with my rent ONE TIME. I guess it depends on what the real estate consider passable. If you got some of your bond back and if the matter with rent was sorted out in court then I agree with PP's and would definitely be on the front foot about it and talk to the agent about it first. Get a copy of the orders from Court regarding the rent so you can give a copy with your application to explain that on your rent hisptory (as I can nearly guarantee it will be on there).

Good luck hun, I hope it goes ok, and you dont have too much to worry about.
    Jaimee (32) Young Onset PD, PTSD
    Pete (38) "he who slow dances with me in the kitchen"
    "J" (15) .....? who knows. Time will tell.
    Matt
    (11) ASD, ADHD, TS, CVS, Arrythmia, SAD, ODD, MD, DDD, PTSD
    Jake
    (8) ASD, Global Hypotonia and Joint Hypermobility, Asthma, Laynomalacia and ?EDS
    DH (1973 - 2009) Dearly loved and desperately missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast