•  

37 - 38 week

•  

39 - 40 week

•  

41 - 42 week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MissM is offline Member

Default Could my toothache be making my jaw hurt??

I seem to have a really saw lower jaw...its kind of tingly yet slightly painful IYKWIM???

One of my teeth on the top, left had side, 2nd from the back has been pretty sore lately. Most of this tooth is actually filling. I had a hole in it when I was in Year 8, and they basically drilled the whole tooth right down to the nerve and put a filling in it.

So i am wondering, how can the tooth be sore, if its all filled in? It's a silver coloured filling.

Please don't tell me to see the dentist because I am absolutely petrified!!!

So could my saw jaw be from the tooth, and also why would i get toothache in that tooth if its mostly all filling??

Do you think it might go away?? For some reason this tooth hurts, then it will be fine for a month or so then be sore again.....any ideas.

Thanks.

skye_blue is offline Member

Nadia I'm sorry Hun but i think you need to see a dentist.

the nerve for the tooth is still there so it can still hurt, and also what ever is near that nerve can hurt.

You could leave it and see if it goes away but with everything that tooth has been through i feel you may need more done to it, or it may need to be taken out

Good luck
    Me (28) DP (29)
    ****KISMET****

Abigail Elora - January 15th 2011
    TTC Number 2

~manda~ is offline Member

Sorry Nadz, you need to see the Tooth Dr - is that less scary than dentist

I'm scared of them too
    Me DH DD (29/01/2010)

Formerly known as MandaMoo....

kim1 is offline Member

Oh hun. You'll need to see the dentist eventually. I've just had this same thing. I had a tooth that was almost all filling and it got an infection under the filling, my whole jaw hurt. I had antibiotics and that settled it down but it came back three months later, more antibiotics settled it again, but I'm on the public dental waiting list because those kinds of infections keep returning.

zrdd35 Guest

yep go to the tooth doc...this is from someone who has had 5 teeth extracted. you can do it!!

MissM is offline Member

I know i will have to go eventually.......but apart from the fear factor of it all, I also can't afford it!!

I guess i will just have to get myself on the public waiting list, which is at least 12months!! Oh well, that gives me 12months to prepare myself

Im such a sook........but they are awful, and it hurts and the dental clinics always have a smell to them that makes me want to

Cathie is offline Member

I am a champion dentist-avoider!! I am not going to tell you to go because that would be hypocritical of me

However, the pain is probably related to your tooth. Have you tried Nurofen/Panafen Plus? That is the only thing that gets rid of toothache for me.

Good luck if you decide to go to the dentist. You could try KT's dentist, she said he is in Midland and he is hot!
    Me:30, DP:34
    SD:12
    DS E:7
    DS M:6
    DS J: 1 (July 08)

Jodieh is offline Member

You really really need to get to the dentist asap! Please don't leave it for too long cos the pain and the tooth will only get worse. I am speaking from experience!!!

I had a toothache which gradually got worse over a short period of time. Half my face was in agony and I was in tears. I was put on a course of anti biotics by the doctor and eventually got to the dentist two weeks later. I ended up having an extraction. The dentist said it was one of the worst cases of tooth infection she has seen in a long time .

It only cost approx $200 for the appointment (I don't have private health cover).
    D - 10/10/05 - 19 Weeks
    E - 21/09/06 - 37 Weeks (2.975kg)

J - 22/06/08 - 31 Weeks (1.646kg)
    C - 08/09/10 - 38 Weeks (3.210kg)

gorgeous is offline Member

If you have pain in your jaw as well as in your tooth, go to the dentist asap. The remainder of the tooth could be infected and if that infection spreads it can become very serious, requiring longterm strong antibiotics and a slow and painful recovery process at the very least. A former neighbour of ours ignored a toothache for a few months, even when the pain started spreading elsewhere. She ended up with an infection in her jawbone, requiring injections of antibiotics into the affected area! for several months and she was extremely ill for a while. Not to mention of course she had to have the tooth out!
    DS#1 23/6/07 - birth story
    DD & DS#2 29/7/10 - birth story

kezmo is offline Member

You need to hang the expense and get to the dentist!
    These are your teeth! You won't be growing any more of them, there is obviously further decay in this tooth and you've probably got decay in others by the sounds of your symptoms. See if you can pay in installments or something.

You really should go to the dentist every 6 months or at least 12 monthly to avoid these problems, i.e something can be done about it sooner incurring less cost and also the dentist can make sure you're looking after your teeth properly.
    ME 25
    DH 26
    Married 23/3/05
    Nina, born 21/7/03

Saxon born 17/1/06
    Oscar Leonard born 18/6/09

blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast